This is a list of TSA abuses of passengers that I have accumulated from news reports. These can be categorized as:
- Groin Checks
- Disrobing of Passengers
- Verbal Abuse
- Use of Police on Recalcitrant Passengers
Here is the list I'm accumulating:
- From KMOV-TV in St. Louis: Woman says her Lambert security screening was sexual assault.
- From WBTV in Charlotte: Cancer surviving flight attendant forced to remove her prosthetic breast during pat-down.
- And of course the famous John Tyner groin check incident in San Diego.
- Mark Steyn, who was filling in for Rush Limbaugh on Thursday, November 18, reported an incident he witnessed at the Burlington, VT airport where a flight attendant was brought to tears when she was forced to miss her flight because her bag triggered something or another. She had to go through the whole pat-down procedure, and had her bag ransacked, but they never could find what set off the alarm. Real smart screening there.
- Channel 2 in Chicago did a report on several abuses, including a 71-year-old man who had his pants pulled down in public by the TSA, and other abusive incidents.
- TSA torments 3-year-old.
- NBC San Diego reports that Samuel Wolaynk stripped to his underwear to avoid being patted down. "Having been felt up for the first time by TSA the week prior (I travel frequently) I was not willing to be molested again." He is arrested to refusing to complete the screening process and for recording the incident on his cell phone."
- Grand Rapids passenger reports: "The female officer ran her hand up the inside of my leg to my groin and she did it so hard and so rough she lifted me off my heels," she says. "I think I yelped. I was in pain for about an hour afterwards. It just felt excessive and unnecessary."
- Young boy partially strip searched by TSA as onlookers mutter, "Ridiculous."
- Penny Moroney had her genitals patted and commented, “Under any other circumstance, if a person touched me like that without my permission, it would be considered criminal sexual assault.”
- Granddaughter watches her grandmother, Antonia Miernik, being patted down and says, "Grandmama, they touched you on your special girl spots."
- Detroit TSA officers ignore man's warning about his urostomy bag, break its seal, and leave him to board his plane covered in urine. Unapologetic.
- Talk show host Meg McLain cuffed to a chair, her ticket ripped up by TSA.
- Erin Chase alleges sexual assault from a TSA agent in the Dayton, Ohio airport.
- ABC News staffer says TSA agent felt inside her underwear at Liberty Newark Airport, Sunday, Nov. 21.
If you have any incidents you'd like to share with us, please use our "contribute your thoughts" form.